Coach Administrative Requirements
- US Lacrosse Membership - A coaches membership for $55 provides comprehensive guidance to both beginning and experienced coaches through online courses, in-person instructional clinics and additional resources. Lacrosse membership for adult coaches includes a two mandatory compliance screens:
- Background Check every two year (NCSI, same as before)
- Abuse Prevention System (formerly SafeSport) online training (~90 minutes)
- The online training can be accessed by logging into your US Lacrosse E-Learning account (https://www.uslacrosse.org/learning). Upon login, follow these steps:
- Select the search feature icon in the upper right side of the screen and search "Abuse Prevention Systems"
- Scroll to the course thumbnail and choose "Enroll" then "Start."
- Below are links to US Lacrosse.
- Concussion Awareness - All coaches must take the CDC Concussion Awareness online training. Go to www.nvyll.org and select Concussion Awareness. This site includes links to the training, fact sheets and a mobile app. This is a one time requirement.
- NVYLL Code of Conduct - All coaches must read and electronically sign a code of conduct prior to every season. Go to www.nvyll.org and select Register (CCOC) to complete this form. The FCYLC coach survey mimics this form.
- Marymount Coaches Clinic / Rules Interpretations – At least one coach from each team needs to attend this preseason clinic at (TBD), registration and breakfast begins at 8AM, meetings at 9AM to 12:30PM. Click here to to register.
- US Lacrosse Certification (Required for Head Coaches) – All head coaches must take the US Lacrosse Level 1 on-line or Level 1 field course once. FCYLC will reimburse the cost of clinic fees. Assistant coaches are strongly encouraged to take this class:
To become Level 1 Certified, coaches need to complete the following requirements with US Lacrosse.
The upcoming USA Lacrosse on-field Level I and Level II coaches training clinics will be on Sunday, March 5th, 2023 at McLean High School. The Level I clinic will start at 9:00 AM and the Level II clinic will begin at 1:00 PM.
More information about USA Lacrosse on-filed Level I and Level II clinics can be found here: https://www.usalacrosse.com/coach-development-clinics
Here are the direct registration links:
Level 1 : https://uslacrosse.secure.nonprofitsoapbox.com/component/events/event/607
Level 2 : https://uslacrosse.secure.nonprofitsoapbox.com/component/events/event/636
* Please note: A valid USA Lacrosse coach's membership is required to register/attend.